How To Look After Thick, Long Hair (+video)

Caring for my hair takes up a lot of time in my life and since I get questions about it very, very often I thought I would finally film a short video where I explain how my hair routine looks like.


Check out the video here!


My shampoo is the Smooth and Sleek one by Pantene Pro-V and I'm pretty sure this is the one I've been already using half of my life! It is definitely the best for my hair, I never have any issues with it and you can get it literally everywhere too.
The conditioner I started using very recently is the new L'Oreal Elvital from the Clay range and after the first use I could already tell that it's amazing!

Once a week I like using the Goldwell Kerasilk mask because especially during summer our hair gets damaged quickly and needs some extra moisture and love. This mask is seriously my life saver and I will be devastated once I will run out of it. It leaves my hair so, so soft even though it is so difficult to achieve this result for me! It also looks beautiful and smells pretty too! The only problem is that you can't get it in drugstores and therefore it is also rather expensive. 
Before I blow dry my hair I leave my hair in a towel for around an hour so all the excess water can get out. Then I spritz my hair with the amazing TRESemme Keratin Smooth heat protectant that I got back in Scotland and I just love it! Such a shame we don't have TRESemme in Austria because I definitely need to stock up on it again!

Another gadget I use on my hair is the Compact Styler from TangleTeezer. I can't leave the house without it because my long hair just gets tangled within minutes, so I have to brush it around 3 times daily I guess. This brush is small, beautiful and so, so good! I know it's pricey, but I thought that since it's something I really needed and that I use on a daily basis, I could spend the money on it without feeling guilty.
A normal brush doesn't detangle my hair at all pretty much, so this is the only option I have!

I really like having long hair even though it's such a hassle sometimes. I want to get a haircut as soon as possible to be honest because my ends are already dry and I definitely don't want to have split ends.

(In case you wonder- my cute top is from Forever21 and my shorts are from TkMaxx)

Hope you enjoyed the video and this post!
Let me know in the comments! :)

-Olivia

~27.08.2016~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review